Friday, October 7, 2011

Weekend Photo Ops

So, not that it matters to you, but I have a very busy weekend planned hopefully crammed full of great photo ops.  First, tomorrow morning, I'm off to The Great Georgia Air Show where I'll be hoping to catch some shots of an F18 Super Hornet and the A-10 Thunderbolt II East Demonstration Team.  It should be a great site for people-watching, too.  I'm going with the Griffin Photography Guild; you can check out our Flickr pool here.

Saturday night is open, but I'm sure I'll be busy using it to edit & upload a bunch of GREAT shots.  :)

Sunday, I'm up  & off to the GA National Fair with my 2 ankle-biters, I mean, sweet children, weather permitting.  As it stands now, they're predicting 40% chance of rain, but we'll see.  "They" are frequently wrong.  If we DO get there, I'm truly hoping to capture my version of the following, seriously overdone swing shot:


Photo by April Bauknight

Please note that I put this pic in as an example because I actually think this is one of the coolest of these types of pics I've seen.  Dreamy.

Anyway, with those shots and the inevitable other fair shots (riding-the-beat-up-pony, cotton candy stuck in hair, ice cream falling on ground, feeding the nearly dead goat, crying face when it's time to go home, etc.), my portfolio should grow by leaps & bounds in just a few hours.  Oh, and I actually entered some pictures in the photography contest there, but there some of my earlier shots so I'm not holding my breath.  But you can.

So, get out there, fellow photogs, and bulk up your portfolio a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment