Thursday, October 27, 2011

How YOU doin'?

Well.

Hello, gorgeous.

So, anyway, I finally broke down & ordered this vintage Argoflex box camera to try my hand at TtV photography.  If you're not sure what it is, it's when you "digitalize" an older camera by taking a picture with your DSLR through the lens(es) of an old box.  Neat, huh?

Anyway, my new baby arrived tonight and, get this:  it had FILM in it.  620 film.  Not made anymore.  And only one shot had been taken.  It took ALL my willpower not to run right out and blast away the remaining 11 shots (though, I did take 2 of my daughter just to see if the film advanced).  :P 

It also came with 10 flash bulbs - the freaky kind that basically light on fire & blow up in a small scale inside the bulb.  I did NOT come with the flash itself, though, so off to eBay I go!

The very best part for me, though, was the typed letter from 1978 from the previous owner to Argus asking about purchasing accessories. In this day & age, when one can pop online & order whatever you want, it's nearly foreign to me that letter writing was once the standard way to communicate with people.  The cherry on top, though, is the HAND written response from the company at the bottom.  Unbelievable.  Can you imagine Canon or Nikon WRITING you back?  Hell, you'd be hard pressed to even get an email from a real person!  :P

So, keep an eye out (all 3 of you!) for future posts with *hopefully* some pics through this baby!

2 comments:

  1. Wow such a cool camera! Also love the letter, its unbelievable indeed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As reported by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the one and ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 19 kilos lighter than us.

    (And actually, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING around "HOW" they eat.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

    Click on this link to discover if this short test can help you discover your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete